is a revolutionary new light and sound product that combines our innovative BiColor™ stimulation technology—another MindPlace first. Developed with the serious experimenter in mind, Proteus includes a host of powerful programming capabilities.
• Realtime BiColor™ output. Proteus includes two independent color channels, each of which has its own brightness and pulse rate. This means that Proteus sessions can shift smoothly between up to 4,096 colors in real time, creating extraordinary visuals and mapping colors more precisely to states of consciousness. For example, lower frequencies can be set to soothing green, while higher, energizing frequencies are the appropriate red; the “peak performance” color amber lies in between.
programmable. We’ve developed a simple yet powerful Windows 98+ hosted programming tool, available free of charge. You can download it for review by clicking here, or view the documentation here.
• Totally upgradeable. Proteus uses advanced Flash memory for both session and operating system data. This means that you can not only download new session groups into the system, but also that the entire operating system can be upgraded. Recent upgrades have added include such advanced features as wavetable crossfading; dual binaural beats; BioConnect™ real-time biofeedback control, and more.
• Wavetable audio. PROTEUS includes stereo audio digital to analog converters, enabling production of binaural beats and other waveforms. You can store up to four different waveforms in Proteus, and we include an audio waveform creation tool with the bundled software.
AudioStrobe™. We’ve fine-tuned our AudioStrobe decoder circuitry, providing a much crisper, more intense experience.
• 199 program capacity. Proteus ships with expanded versions of the best programs taken from our earlier products (especially Orion and MindLab). A total of fifty programs are preloaded into Proteus when you receive it. Plus, there is plenty of space remaining for you download your own creations—about 2,000 segments altogether in two separate banks.
Proteus Editor software. Unlike other manufacturers, we don’t charge for our software—you can just download the latest version of Proteus Editor from the Proteus support site. Choose from a host of programmable features, including:
• Single or dual binaural beats
• Create and download your own audio wavetables
• Synchronize the two color channels or run them at completely different frequencies
• Control the lights and
sound in real time using our ThoughtStream
• Create “random” programs within constraints you choose (for example, frequencies constrained to 9-12 hz and segment lengths of 1 to 3 seconds).
• Frequencies range from 0.2 to 50.0 hz—best in the industry
• Plus much more.
If you're looking for an advanced light and sound system but don’t want to pay $349 for a heavy metal case, chances are the Proteus will do most everything you want it to.
Your PROTEUS package includes:
• Attractive, compact Proteus Control Console
• Superbright Ruby/Emerald Liteframes
• Stereo headphones and audio patchcord
• Concise Manual
• Audiostrobe sampler CD
• Proteus Editor software and user manual (via download)
Note: System requires 3 x AA alkaline batteries, not included. 110 volt (USA) AC power adapters not included.